The most widely used website for watching people’s favourite videos across several genres is YouTube. Google has launched a number of features on YouTube to mark the platform’s 17th birthday. One of these intriguing features that enables an immersive YouTube viewing experience is Ambient Mode. Only those who have YouTube’s dark mode activated can utilise it.
How to Enable Ambient Mode on YouTube [Android & iPhone]
- On your smartphone (Android or iPhone), open the YouTube app.
- Tap on your profile photo in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Appearance under Settings > General.
- To activate YouTube’s dark mode, tap Dark theme.
- Play your preferred YouTube video by returning to the homepage.
- In the top right corner, select the Settings cogwheel symbol.
- To enable the ambient mode on your video, click on it.
How to Enable Ambient Mode on YouTube Web Version
- On your desktop, launch the web browser and go to https://www.youtube.com/.
- If asked, log into your account.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click your profile image.
- From the list of menu options, choose Appearance.
- To activate YouTube’s dark mode, select the Dark theme option.
- Play the YouTube video again and select Settings from the media player’s menu.
- Turn on the ambient mode by flipping the switch.