Have you ever had an Instagram miscommunication when you unintentionally messaged the wrong person? If so, don’t worry; I’ll explain how to cancel Instagram messages in this article. In other words, the Instagram platform removes the message from your chat conversation when you cancel sending a message. The message will not be visible to either you or the recipient in the chat history.
How to Unsend Instagram Messages on Mobile
- To remove a message from a discussion on Instagram, first navigate to the conversation’s messages and select it.
- Choose the message you wish to delete now.
- To “Unsend” the message, tap and hold it.
- The end of that. The chosen message has been permanently deleted from your Instagram conversation.
How to Unsend An Instagram Message on the Web
- Click the Message icon in the top-right corner of Instagram.
- Find the message you wish to remove by choosing a conversation from the sidebar on the left of the Message page.
- Your cursor should be over this message when you select the three-dot menu.
- Select “Unsend” from the menu.
- An “Unsend Message?” prompt will appear. Here, click “Unsend” to confirm your decision.