In general, the internal RAM uses more cached data when the apps are used for extended periods of time. Users benefit from this cache because there is no lag when they use the programme. However, there is a drawback to keeping more cache. Consuming more cache ultimately affects your smartphone because it requires more data storage. WhatsApp fits into this as well. To use your smartphone faultlessly, you must clear the WhatsApp cache.
How to Clear WhatsApp Cache on Android
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Go to the Storage menu by navigating.
- Visit the Apps category.
- Choose WhatsApp from the list by scrolling down.
- Then select Clear cache.
- To confirm, press OK.
How to Clear WhatsApp Cache on iPhone
- Go ahead and unlock your iPhone before launching the WhatsApp app.
- Press WhatsApp repeatedly till it begins to laugh.
- On the pop-up screen, select Remove App.
- Then, to remove WhatsApp from your iPhone, tap Delete App.
- Install WhatsApp now by going to the App Store.
How to Clear WhatsApp Cache on Windows & Mac
- Visit the CCleaner official website on your Windows computer and Mac using the default browser.
- Install the app on your phone.
- Run CCleaner after installation, then select Analyze.
- The screen will display a list of files to clear the cache for.
- At the bottom, select WhatsApp and then press Run Cleaner.
- To clear the cache, select Continue in the pop-up dialogue box.