Popular messaging services like Whatsapp, Telegram, and others compete with Wechat. Wechat and its chat history can be readily backed up using the built-in settings or with the use of third-party applications, much like other apps. It will make it easier for users to move their media files and chat messages to a new device. But within the software, there isn’t a simple way to backup the WeChat history. A desktop version or third-party programme is required.
How to Backup WeChat History Using a PC
- On your Windows computer, open a browser and go to the WeChat official website. Install the desktop version of WeChat on your computer after downloading it.
- Once the programme has been installed and launched, a QR code will appear on the screen. To access your account on the PC, scan the code on the WeChat app for mobile devices.
- Select the Hamburger symbol in the bottom left corner of the screen after logging in, then pick the Backup and restore option.
- Upon selecting the choice, a pop-up will show up. Choose the Back up on PC option there.
- The backup procedure can then be started by choosing a single chat or by clicking Backup all.
How to Backup WeChat Using iTunes
- Open iTunes on a Mac or Windows computer and log in using the appropriate Apple ID and password.
- Enter the passcode on your iPhone and use a lightning cord to connect it to the PC.
- Select the Summary option from the left-side menu pane by tapping the iPhone icon in iTunes.
- The WeChat chat history will be included in the backup of your iPhone when you select the Back Up now button on the right.
How to Request Backup Files
- Launch the Wechat application on your iOS or Android device.
- Choose Me > Settings > More Settings > Account Security > Export Personal Data inside the app.
- Click Next after selecting the data types you want to backup.
- You will get a letter from WeChat with a download link within 72 hours. To download the backup, click the link.