To view movies, TV series, and unique content, subscribe to Discovery Plus for $4.99 (with advertising) or $6.99 each month (without ads). The service did not at first support the webOS platforms. For LG Smart TV models manufactured after 2018 and later, the Discovery Plus app was eventually made available. Specifically, Smart TVs powered by webOS 4.0, 4.5, and later. You can connect to and use external streaming devices on earlier generations.
How to Install Discovery Plus on LG Smart TV
- Press the Home button on your remote to turn on your LG TV.
- Navigate to and open the LG Content Store from the home screen.
- On the menu bar, choose the Apps category.
- Search for the Discovery+ app in the search field.
- After choosing the app, click Install.
How to Activate Discovery Plus on LG Smart TV
- Open the app, then make a note of the activation code.
- Now open the activation link on your smartphone or computer’s browser (discoveryplus.com/lge).
- If you’re signed out, enter the code to log in to your account.
- The Discovery+ app will load the media material on your TV after you log in.
How to Watch Discovery Plus on LG Smart TV [Older Models]
- Apple TV HD
- Get a streaming device first that allows you to install the Discovery+ app.
- Your TV’s HDMI port should be connected to it.
- Activate both the streaming device and your TV. Select the appropriate input source on your LG TV, then join a WiFi network.
- Get the Discovery+ app from the relevant app store and install it.
- To access your preferred content, open the app and go through the same activation process.
Troubleshooting Discovery Plus Not Working on LG TV
- Restart your LG Smart TV after closing the Discovery+ app. Turn on the TV and open the app to start streaming the contents after a short while.
- On your LG TV, update the Discovery+ app.
- Your LG TV’s Discovery+ app should be uninstalled and then reinstalled from the store. All of the app’s problems will be eliminated instantly when it is uninstalled.
- Install the app once more if the problem is still there after a reset of the LG TV.