Typically, when watching movies online at night, we nod off. Apple TV offers a built-in feature named “Sleep Timer” for that. When inactive for a predetermined amount of time, it will turn off the gadget. It implies that the Apple TV will shut off automatically after a certain amount of time if the remote hasn’t been used. The time can be set to anything between 15 and 30 hours.
How to Enable Sleep Timer on Apple TV
- Start your Apple TV and navigate to the Settings section.
- Choose the General menu at the top of the Settings page.
- To select the Sleep After option, scroll down.
- Choose the moment you want now.
- 15 Minutes
- 30 Minutes
- 1 Hour
- 5 Hours
- 10 Hours
- I’m done now. After the chosen amount of inactivity, your Apple TV will turn itself off.
How to Put Apple TV on Sleep Mode Manually
- Your Apple TV’s Settings app should be opened.
- Click the Sleep Now button when you get to the bottom of the page.
Using Remote Shortcut
- For a few seconds, repeatedly hit the Home button on your remote.
- Select the Sleep menu item.
Troubleshooting Sleep Timer Not Working
- Unplug the power cable from the source and reconnect it after a few minutes to restart your Apple TV.
- Check to see if there have been any firmware updates for your Apple TV. Go to Settings and update the Apple TV if there is a new version.
- Restart the Apple TV and start using it from scratch if the update and restart failed to resolve the problem.