You may browse images, listen to music, receive notifications, and more by connecting your iPhone or iPad to your Apple Watch. Your Apple Watch requires extra storage to operate, just like smartphones and personal computers do. In order to utilise the Apple Watch effectively, you must make room on it.
How to Free Up Space on Apple Watch
Restart Apple Watch
- When the power button appears on the display, tap and hold the side button on your Apple watch.
- Press the power key.
- On the Power Off button, slide it from right to left.
- In order to turn on your Apple watch once more, long press the side button.
- Check Storage Space
- To access the home screen on your watch, press the Digital Crown.
- Select General under Settings from the menu.
- Use the list to scroll down and tap Usage.
- You may view your watch’s Used Space and Available Space.
- Go to General in the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Select About.
- The total storage capacity of your watch is displayed on the following page.
Remove Unused Apps
- Your iPhone’s Watch app should be launched.
- Tap the My Watch icon at the bottom of the main page.
- Choose Installed on Apple Watch by scrolling down.
- Select the desired app to remove from the list.
- Turn off the Apple Watch’s Show App by toggling it.
- Check the Available Apps list on the previous screen to see if the deleted apps are still there.
Remove Music Files
- Go to the Music on the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Turn off any playlists or recent music you want to delete from your watch.
- Turn off the playlists in the Automatically Add option as well.
- At the top right, select Edit.
- To complete the procedure, press Delete after clicking the minus sign.
- Open the Music app on your Apple Watch.
- Select Library from the drop-down menu, then click Downloaded.
- Decide whether you want to remove the entire album or just a specific song.
- Swipe left on the playlist or a song, then click on the required segment.
- Tap Remove after selecting the Three dots.
- To remove the music from your Apple Watch, tap Remove Download.
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app and select My Watch.
- Click the Photos menu item.
- Verify that Custom is selected rather than Mirror my iPhone.
- Choose Synched Album and lower the maximum number of photos.
- Select 25 Photos to be synced by tapping Photos Limit.
Delete Audio Books
- Open the Watch app and go to the My Watch area.
- Select Audiobooks.
- The Reading Now and Want to Read options should be disabled if they are. Your Apple watch will automatically download the audiobook if these options are turned on.
- Click the My Watch icon in the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Pick Podcasts from the menu.
- Choose Custom from the Add Episodes From menu and toggle the podcasts you wish to stop watching off.
Unpair Apple Watch
- Open the Watch app, then select the All Watches menu item.
- Unpair Apple Watch by tapping the Info symbol. After that, your iPhone and Apple Watch are no longer paired.
- Bring your Apple Watch close to your iPhone and wait until you see the pairing to re-pair it with your phone.
- To finish the process, click Continue and then adhere to the on-screen instructions.