Chromebook has a dark mode just like Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. You can now go to dark mode on your device if you don’t like utilising the light UI. The entire user interface instantaneously switches to dark mode whenever you enable dark mode on your device.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Chromebook [Newer Version]
Using Built-in Settings
- Your Chromebook’s bottom right corner contains a Time button.
- The Dark theme icon can be found in the list of menus. Just click it.
- To activate the dark mode on your smartphone, click the toggle button. The toggle button can also be used to turn off the theme.
Using Chrome Flags
- Open the Chromebook’s Google Chrome browser.
- In the address box, type chrome:/flags and hit Enter.
- Type “dark mode” into the search box.
- In the system UI menu’s Dark/Light mode, choose Enable. Additionally, choose Force Dark Mode for Web Contents, Enable.
- When finished, select Restart.
- On your device, you can see that dark mode has been enabled.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Chromebook [Older Version]
- Launch Chrome, then sign into your Google Account.
- Select the Time button (bottom right corner).
- Additionally, select Settings and then About Chrome OS (At the bottom).
- Click Change Channel under Detailed Build Information.
- Choose Beta from the menu of choices, then select Change Channel.
Click Restart once the download is complete. The dark mode will be used, and the beta channel will be turned on.