Typically, the apps use the cache to load the content rapidly. Particularly when compared to other apps, social networking apps like Snapchat, Instagram, etc. keep more cache. The app cache may also slow down your smartphone, which could cause it to crash, hang, etc. For a smoother experience, you should clear the cache if you frequently use social media apps like Snapchat. On both Android and iPhone devices, the app provides the option to clean the app’s cache.
How to Clear Cache on Snapchat (Android & iPhone)
- On your smartphone, launch the Snapchat application (Android & iOS).
- To view your profile, tap the Bitmoji icon in the top left corner.
- Then select Settings (top right)
- Click Clear Cache under Account Actions after scrolling down.
- Before clearing the cache, Android will ask you to confirm. To continue, click Continue. On the iPhone, however, you will be asked to Clear Cache directly.
- The Snapchat app on your iPhone will restart when you tap Clear Cache.
Alternate Method: How to Clear Cache on Snapchat (Android)
- Open Settings on your Android smartphone.
- To find Apps, scroll down or perform a search, then tap.
- Snapchat will appear in the list of apps.
- Tap Storage next. Information on app storage is available there.
- Tap Clear Cache at the bottom.