On Samsung Smart TV models released in 2017 and later, the Apple TV app is officially supported. Using the Apple TV app, you can buy or rent several 4K resolution tiles to stream on your TV. You can stream a plethora of Apple originals if you have an Apple TV+ subscription ($4.99/month or $49.99/year). According to Apple’s support page, the following TV models are compatible with installing the Apple TV app:
YEAR OF TV MODEL
- 2019 and later Samsung QLED 8K Q9, Q8 Series
- 2017 and later Samsung QLED 4K Q9, Q8, Q7, Qx Series
- 2017 and later Samsung UHD 8, 7, 6 Series
- 2017 and later Samsung FHD/HD 5500, 5300, 4500, 4300 Series
- 2019 and later Samsung Serif Series
- 2017 and later Samsung The Frame Series
- 2019 and later Samsung The Sero Series
How to Watch Apple TV on Samsung Smart TV [2019 & Later]
- Launch the Apple TV app from the home screen.
- On the app, go to the Settings menu.
- Tap Accounts and then the Sign-in option.
- You can access your account in two ways.
- You can watch Apple TV content on your Samsung Smart TV after activating the app.
How to Install Apple TV on Samsung TV (2017 or 2018 model)
- Connect your Samsung TV to the internet and turn it on.
- Navigate to the Apps tab. Type Apple TV into the search bar and search for it.
- Choose the Apple TV+ app from the search results.
- The installation process will begin once you click the Add to Home button.
- Once installed, launch the app and follow the activation steps outlined above.
- You can now begin streaming your preferred Apple TV+ content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I get the Apple TV app on my Samsung TV?
If you have an older Smart TV, Apple TV will not be available for installation. However, you can stream the content by connecting streaming devices.
Is Apple TV free on Samsung Smart TV?
No. To stream the titles on your TV, you must either rent or purchase them. To watch the originals, you must have an Apple TV+ subscription.