How to Unsend Messages on iPhone With iOS 16
With each iOS update, iPhone users gain access to a new feature. Similarly, Apple released the stable version of iOS 16 on the iPhone, which includes a new feature that allows you to Unsend and Edit messages in the Message app.
Steps to Unsend Messages on iPhone
- To begin, launch the Messages app on your device.
- Navigate to the desired chat and select the message you want to delete.
- Long-press the message to bring up a small pop-up menu with options like Undo Send, Edit, Copy, Reply, and so on. Choose Undo Send. This unsend feature is most likely similar to WhatsApp’s message deletion feature.
By clicking on it, the user’s message will be unsent and deleted on both ends (Including the receiver). But keep in mind that you can only unsend messages within 2 minutes of their delivery.
If you bought a new iPhone, you can restore your messages by transferring them from the old iPhone to the new iPhone without using iCloud.
Steps to Edit Messages on iPhone
- Launch the Message app, go to the person’s chat, and long press on the message you want to edit.
- On the pop-up, select Edit. Edit the desired section of your message and click Send.
When you edit and send a message to someone, they will receive it with the note ‘Edited’ beneath the text. Both the sender and the recipient can see the Edited note in their chat.
You can edit a message up to 5 times within 15 minutes of delivery.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to unsend messages on iOS 14?
Unfortunately, the iOS 14 version does not allow you to unsend messages. This new feature is only available on iOS 16.