Chromecast’s Guest Mode is an intriguing feature that allows your friends or family members to cast media content without connecting to your home WiFi network. You can secure your WiFi network by not sharing your WiFi password by enabling it. When you enable this feature, Chromecast will emit a WiFi beacon that will be automatically detected by your guest’s smartphone while using Chromecast-supported apps.
How to Set Up Guest Mode on Chromecast
- Connect your Google Chrome browser to the TV’s HDMI port.
- Connect your Chromecast to a WiFi network that has the Google Home app installed on a smartphone. The Google Home app is available for both Android (Play Store) and iOS (App Store).
- Select your Chromecast device in the Google Home app.
- On the following screen, click the Settings icon in the upper right corner.
- Locate and select the Guest Mode option.
- Now, toggle the Guest Mode switch to the on position. Also, write down the PIN for future reference.
How to Use Chromecast Guest Mode
- Launch any Chromecast-compatible app on your smartphone. Launch the YouTube app, for example.
- Tap the Cast icon, which can be found at the top of the app.
- On the screen, a pop-up will appear. Select the option for Nearby device.
- The smartphone will now attempt to pair with the Chromecast automatically by emitting an audio tone. To grant access to the device microphone, click OK, CONNECT.
- Finally, click on the Connect button.
- You can now cast any of the app’s content.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find my PIN for Chromecast?
It’s accessible via the Chromecast wallpaper screen or the Google Home app.
- Select the Chromecast device in the Google Home app.
- Your Guest Mode PIN can be found under the name of your device.
Does Chromecast need WiFi for guest mode?
No, a WiFi connection is not required for Guest Mode. However, you must enable mobile data on your smartphone.
Does Chromecast with Google TV have guest mode?
No. Google TV devices do not support the guest mode feature. Google TV also allows you to install apps from the Google Play Store. As a result, casting the media content is unnecessary.
How to fix Chromecast guest mode not working on iPhone?
First and foremost, make sure that your streaming device is in guest mode. Then, restart your iPhone to see if the feature is still operational.