How to Make Spotify Playlist Private
In general, your Spotify Playlist is set to public and can be viewed by your friends. If you don’t want to share your Spotify playlist with your friends or family, you can make it private and hide it from others. This is simple to do on both your smartphone and the desktop version of Spotify. The web player does not currently support this feature.
How to Make a Spotify Playlist Private on Android and iPhone/iPad
- Open the Spotify app on your Android device or iPhone/iPad.
- On the bottom menu bar, select the Your Library tab.
- Select the Playlists option at the top, followed by the playlist you want to make private.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon to the right of the playlist name.
- Select the Make private checkbox.
- A warning message will be displayed on the screen. Select the Make Private checkbox.
How to Make a Spotify Playlist Private on Desktop [Windows & Mac]
- Install Spotify’s desktop client from the official website.
- Log in to your account and launch the app.
- Select the playlist name from the left-hand menu pane. If you can’t find the playlist, go to Your Library and find it.
- To make the playlist private, click the three-dotted icon and select Make Private.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Spotify friends see private playlists?
No. If you set a playlist to private, your friends will not be able to see it. They can only gain access if you share a link that is valid for 24 hours.
Can people see what I listen to on Spotify?
Yes. All of your Spotify activities are visible to those who follow you. You can keep it private by switching to private mode.