An integrated navigation tool on iPhones and iPads is called Apple Maps. However, some people prefer Google Maps to Apple Maps because of its easy interface and greater navigation data. Apple Maps will launch immediately if you have already opened a link address in the Mail or Safari apps. You have to change it to Google Maps for better accuracy. On iPhones, there is no setting to make Google Maps or any other app the default GPS app, in contrast to Android smartphones. However, there is a different approach that enables you to use Google Maps by default. You must change the Chrome and Gmail apps’ default settings for that.
How to Make Google Maps Default on iPhone
- Steps to Make Google Chrome and Gmail as Default apps
- On your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Select Chrome browser from the list by scrolling down.
- Choose the selection for the Default Browser app on the Chrome settings page.
- Change the default browser from Safari to Chrome in the next step.
- In the settings, similarly, look for and choose the Gmail app.
- Choose the Default Mail App option under Gmail configuration.
- Make Gmail the default Mail app.
Configure Gmail to Use Google Maps
- Get your iPhone’s Gmail app open.
- In the upper left corner of the screen, tap the Menu symbol.
- Select the Settings option from the menu.
- On the screen, select the Default applications option.
- Under Navigate from your Location section, select Google Maps.
- Likewise, choose Google Maps from the section under “Navigate between destinations.”