PlayOn allows you to save video from streaming services so that you can watch it later on your chosen device. PlayOn is comparable to YouTube TV’s recording feature. Install PlayOn on your Roku device to record the content for later viewing.
Adding PlayOn on Roku TV
- Activate the Roku TV device.
- Go to Streaming Channels and choose it using the Roku control.
- Click the Search Channel button.
- Type PlayOn into the virtual keyboard that appears on the screen, then click Search.
- To add the streaming service to your Roku, select Add Channel.
- Select Go to Channel after adding the channel. Launch the app, log in using your PlayOn account information, and then use your Roku device to stream the recorded content.
Adding PlayOn from Roku Site
- On a desktop, launch a browser and go to the Roku Channel shop.
- Log in using the credentials for your Roku account.
- Click the Search Channel bar on the page, enter “PlayOn,” then press “Search.”
- To add the channel to your Roku device, click + Add Channel.
How to Create PlayOn Account
- Visit the PlayOn sign up page in a web browser.
- Select either the PlayOn Cloud or PlayOn Home membership option, then click the Get it now button.
- Create an account by providing your name, email address, password, or even Apple or Facebook to register.
- After registering, enter your credit card information to complete the purchase.
- The PlayOn app should then be downloaded from the website and opened on your desktop.
- Log in to your PlayOn account and start recording the content from the streaming services you want to use so you can watch it later on Roku.