Dark Mode is a feature that we expect to see in all apps. On both Android and iPhone, the Instagram app supports dark mode. To enable dark mode on the web version on Windows and Mac computers, use third-party extensions such as Night Eye, Turn off the Lights, and Dark Reader.
How to Turn on Instagram Dark Mode [Android]
- Launch Instagram and tap the profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the hamburger icon in the upper right corner.
- On the pop-up menu, select Settings.
- Select the Theme option from the Settings page.
- Select the Dark option.
- The Instagram app’s background will change from light to dark.
How to Enable Instagram Dark Mode on iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select the Display and Brightness tab.
- There under Dress sense section, choose the Dark option.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone, which will have a dark background.
Alternate Way – Use Extensions
Rather than changing the browser settings, you can install and use dark mode extensions on Chrome to enable Instagram’s dark mode. Night Eye Dark Reader Midnight Lizard are some of the best extensions.
- Reader of the Moon
- Switch off the lights
You can use these extensions on other browsers in addition to Chrome. Install the extension and enable dark mode while using the Instagram web app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we use third-party dark mode apks or apps for Instagram?
Yes. Dark mode apps for Android are available from the Play Store and third-party sources. However, it is not recommended because the app includes a built-in setting.