Telegram is a well-known cloud-based instant messaging app for smartphones. Telegram is not currently available for Smart TVs. You can install and use the Telegram apk on your Android TV if it runs Android tvOS. Other Smart TV users can access the Telegram app and its contents by using the built-in Chromecast functionality.
- Connect your Chromecast to a WiFi network first. Connect your Android phone with Telegram installed to the same network.
- Install the Telegram app on your Android phone.
- After installing the app from the store, launch it.
- Sign in with your phone number to your account.
- Navigate to the Notification Pane and select the Cast icon.
- From the list of available devices, select the name of your Chromecast.
- Allow your Android device to be mirrored and launch the Telegram app to view its content on the TV screen.
- Ascertain that your Chromecast and iPhone are both connected to the same network.
- On your iPhone, download the Replica app.
- Launch the app and grant the required permissions to access nearby devices.
- Choose a Chromecast device.
- Select Start Broadcast from the pop-up menu after clicking the Start button.
- If the Chromecast device is successfully connected, you should be able to see the iPhone screen on your TV.
- To view it on your TV, launch the Telegram app.
How to Chromecast Telegram Using Desktop
- Connect your casting device (desktop) and Chromecast to the same WiFi network as in the previous methods.
- Launch Google Chrome and navigate to Telegram’s web version.
- Log in to your account by scanning the QR Code or entering your registered phone number.
- In the top right corner of the browser, click the menu icon (three vertical dots).
- From the menu, select the Cast option.
- Wait for the name of your Chromecast device to appear on the screen.
- Select the Sources tab and then the Cast tab.
- Play the Telegram video you want to watch on TV after mirroring your browser screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Telegram free?
Yes. Telegram is completely free to use and contains no advertisements. However, you can upgrade to Telegram Premium to gain access to features such as larger file uploading, faster upload and download speeds, the ability to join 1000 groups, and more.
Does Telegram supports casting?
Telegram lacks built-in cast support. Only the content from your smartphone and desktop can be mirrored.