With the aid of chats, voice calls, and video calls, Microsoft Teams lets you stay in touch with your loved ones. Together with your coworkers or office employees, you can hold conference calls or group chats. With the Microsoft Teams web, mobile, or desktop client, you may quickly alter your display name if you’re not happy with it.
Microsoft Teams is a paid subscription service with monthly rates as low as $5. Additionally, if you subscribe to Office 365, you may access Microsoft Teams for free.
How to Change Name on Microsoft Teams Using Android & iPhone App
- On your phone, open the Microsoft Teams app.
- Tap your profile photo in the upper left corner.
- Click the icon for your profile photo once more.
- On your name right now, tap.
- Enter the new name on the new page, then select Save.
How to Change Name on Microsoft Teams Using Web Version/Desktop App
- Visit the Microsoft Teams website and sign in with your account. On a Mac or Windows computer, you can also use the desktop app.
- Select Settings by tapping the three dots icon in the top right corner.
- Select the Accounts menu item from the menu bar on the left.
- Next to the name of the current account, select Manage.
- It will take you to the page for your Microsoft account.
- Tap on your current display name in this area.
- On the following screen, select Edit name.
- Your new first and last names should be entered. Before clicking the Save button, finish the captcha process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do Teams take to update the display name?
Normally, as soon as you save the new name, it will be updated on all of your Microsoft profiles. On Microsoft Teams, changing your display name can occasionally take up to 24 hours.
Why can’t I change my name on Teams?
Sign out, then back in, and try again.
Delete the app or browser’s cache.
Install the application again, then give it a new name.