To manage your iPhone or any other Apple device, you must have an iCloud account. It allows you to simply move data from one iPhone to another Apple device. To modify or link a new iCloud account on your iPhone, you must first sign out of the current account.
Signing out of iCloud will only erase the data on the device, not from the cloud storage. As a result, the data on your old iCloud account will be accessible.
How to Change iCloud Account on iPhone
- Sign out of your current iCloud account.
- Adding a New iCloud Account
Sign out of your current iCloud account.
- Launch the Settings app after unlocking your iPhone.
- Go to the top and click on your name.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Sign Out button.
- Enter your Apple ID password and click Turn Off.
- Select the data that you wish to preserve a local copy of on your iPhone on the next screen. Those files will be instantly merged with your new iCloud account.
- Click the Sign Out button. When prompted to confirm the action, select Sign Out.
Adding a New iCloud Account
- On your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- At the top, tap Sign in to your iPhone.
- Tap the Next button after entering the email address or password for your iCloud account.
- Choose if you want the data to be merged with the prior iCloud account.
How to Add Secondary Apple ID to iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to select one of the choices listed above.
- Select the Accounts tab.
- On the following page, select the Add Account option.
- Select the iCloud option.
- Enter your Apple ID and password for iCloud.
- If you have enabled it, go through the verification process.
- You can use both Apple IDs on your iPhone after logging in.