The most recent estimates indicate that throughout the twelve months of the fiscal year 2021–2022, Pakistan earned $2,615.815 million by offering various information technology (IT) services in other nations. This year has seen a significant increase in the export of IT services.
Pakistan Provided Different IT Services In Various Countries This year
According to the most recent statistics released by the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS), the enormous sum of $2615 million represents a gain of 24.10 percent when compared to the $2,107.800 million in services revenue received during the same time of the fiscal year 2020–21.
- The export of computer services increased by 26.40 percent from previous fiscal year’s $1,666.310 million to this year’s $2,106.145 million during the period of July through June (2021–2022).
- When it comes to computer services, software consulting services saw a 43.43 percent growth in exports, going from $554.612 million to $795.480 million.
- The exports of hardware consulting services also increased, from $0.551 million to $2.918 million, a 429.58 percent increase.
- Services connected to computer software that were exported and imported increased by 34.87 percent to $563.071 million from $417.485 million
- Repair and maintenance service exports increased significantly from $0.662 million to $1.446 million.
- Other computer service exports increased from $693 million to $743.230 million, a 7.25 percent increase.
- Information technology services exports climbed from $3.990 million to $5.230 million, a 31.08 percent increase.
- News agency services exports increased by 49.65% in the information services sector, from $2.304 million to $3.448 million.
- Other information service exports increased from $1.686 million to $1.782 million, or 5.69 percent.
- The export of telecommunication services also increased over the year, rising from $437.500 million to $504.440 million, a 15.30 percent rise.
- Call centre services exports rose from $154.554 million to $215.501 million during the period, a 39.43 percent rise among all telecommunication services.
- During the years 2020–21, the export of other telecommunication services increased by 2.12%, going from $282.946 million to $288.939 million.
Overall, Pakistan’s export of IT services increased significantly in the fiscal years 2020–21.