Sky Go is a video streaming programme that the Sky Group owns and uses to broadcast live and on-demand Sky TV programmes over the internet. More than 100 Sky TV channels, such as ITV, Channel 4, Sky Atlantic, Sky One, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, etc., are available for streaming. For Sky TV subscribers, the application is totally free. Prior to Apple TV, all major devices could use the application. However, the Sky Go app for Apple TV 4K and HD was formally released in July 2022.
Sky Go on Apple TV
On Apple TV, the Sky Go app streams both on-demand and live entertainment from Sky Network. But there are certain limitations with the application. Only Sky Q Multiscreen or Sky Glass Whole Home subscribers are able to access the Sky Go app for free. You could stream the movies and sports channels included with each subscription if you had the Sky Cinema and Sky Sports bundle.
The Sky Go app can be downloaded through the built-in App Store by users of Apple TV 4K and HD devices. Due to the absence of the App Store, users of Apple TV third generation and previous versions cannot access Sky Go.
How to Install and Watch Sky Go on Apple TV
Make sure to upgrade your Apple TV firmware to the most recent version before installing the app.
- Your Apple TV should be turned on and connected to a WiFi network.
- Click the App Store icon after finding it on the screen.
- Go to the search icon and type in “Sky Go” to find the app.
- Click the Get icon after choosing Sky Go.
- Wait for the Apple TV to install the application.
- Launch the application, then enter your login information (Sky ID and password).
- Select “Sign in” by clicking.
- On your Apple streaming device, start streaming the Sky Go content.
AirPlay Sky Go from iPhone to Apple TV
- First, join a WiFi network using your Apple TV. Conversely, join the same network with your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, open the Sky Go app, and make sure you are logged in.
- Use the Sky Go app to choose and play a movie.
- On the media player, click the AirPlay symbol. Check that Apple TV’s AirPlay feature is turned on (Settings AirPlay and HomeKit Turn on AirpPlay).
- From the list of nearby devices, select the name of your Apple TV.
- The item will now start playing right away on your Apple TV.
AirPlay Sky Go from Mac to Apple TV
- Ensure that your Apple TV and Mac are both logged into the same WiFi network.
- Click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar on your Mac. The list of devices that are accessible will emerge.
- Pick an Apple TV. Your Mac’s screen will appear on an Apple TV-enabled television.
- Visit the Sky Go website after opening the browser. Select the sign-in choice.
- Use your username and password to log in. The video you wish to watch is now playing.
Screen Mirroring Sky Go on Apple TV from Android
- Download the Mirroring360 app from the Play Store to your Android smartphone.
- Join the same WiFi network with your Android mobile and Apple TV. The devices may connect to one another once they are on the same WiFi network.
- Start the Mirroring360 application. The list of devices connected to the same WiFi network is available on the welcome screen.
- Tap the name of your Apple TV to choose it. Tap the Start Now button on the pop-up menu.
- The TV will display a mirror image of the mobile device.
- Initially, download the Sky Go app to your Android device. Register with your account.
- The video you want to watch will start playing and stream to your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Sky Go available for Apple TV?
Yes. For Apple TV 4K and HD versions, the Sky Go app is officially accessible in the App Store.
Can you mirror Sky Go on Apple TV?
Yes. Screen mirroring programmes from third parties can be used to screen mirror Sky Go on tvOS devices from an Android handset. However, since the software is available in its native form on the App Store, screen mirroring is not necessary.