Spreadsheets can be created, updated, and modified online using Google Sheets. The fact that numerous users can collaborate on a single spreadsheet at once is Google Sheets’ main benefit. In addition to Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Drawings, Google Forms, Google Sites, and Google Keep, it is a component of the Google Docs Editor Suite. It is suggested to enable dark mode when using Google Sheets in dim lighting to lessen eye strain.
Does Google Sheets Have Built-in Dark Mode Support?
No. Google Sheets does not currently have a built-in Dark Mode feature. Using the dark mode addons on Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or any other browser will activate it.
How to Enable Google Sheets Dark Mode on Desktop [Windows PC and Mac]
- Launch your device’s web browser.
- To add the plugin to your web browser, go to darkreader.org.
- Then, launch a new tab, browse to docs.google.com/spreadsheets, and launch the desired spreadsheet.
- To activate dark mode, click the toggle button next to the Dark Reader icon next to the address bar.
- All webpages (tabs) on the browser, including Google Sheets, will have a black backdrop once the Dark Reader is enabled.
- Enter chrome:/flags into your Chrome browser.
- Dark Mode can be found by typing.
- Select the “Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents” section from the search results.
- Select Enabled by selecting the drop-down arrow next to the Default option.
- Open Google Sheets now, and a dark background will appear.
How to Enable Google Sheets Dark Mode on Android and iPhone
- On your smartphone, launch the Google Sheets app and tap the hamburger button in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings by clicking it.
- Select the Theme menu item.
- Select Dark by clicking on it.
- Set your Google Sheets application to use the default settings by going to Google Sheets > Settings > Theme > Default.
- Turn on dark mode in your system preferences.
- On an Android device, go to Settings Display Dark.
- iPhone users can access dark mode by going to Settings Display & Brightness Dark.
- Open the Google Sheets app now, and the dark theme will be displayed.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to add a theme to Google Sheets?
Open Google Sheets, select Format from the menu, then select Theme from the section. Finally, choose the theme and add it to Google Sheets.