How to Change Spotify Password in 2022
No matter how secure and trustworthy your social network account is, changing your password at least once or twice a year is a good idea. It helps to protect your account because you might have saved personal information like your PayPal or credit card details. On Spotify, changing your account password is a cinch. It can be changed on a desktop or laptop. Spotify also has a password-reset function if you can’t remember your existing password.
Steps to Change Spotify Password [PC/Laptop]
- Use a web browser to visit Spotify’s official website.
- Click Log in in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click Log In after entering your Username and Password in the appropriate sections.
- Click on your User Name, then from the drop-down box, choose Account.
- Choose Change Password from the list of options on the left.
- Put in both your old and new passwords. Put your new password in the following area once more.
- After entering it, select Set New Password.
- Congrats! On Spotify, your new password has been successfully updated.
When you’re about to log in the following time, you can use the new password along with your username.
Tips! Spotify’s Sleep timer can be set up to automatically pause the music while you sleep.
How to Reset Password on Spotify
You must change your Spotify password to the new password if you’ve forgotten your current one.
- Open a web browser and go to the Spotify page.
- After selecting Log in, select Forgot your username or password.
- On the following screen, enter your registered email address and confirm that you are not a robot in the captcha box.
- Once you click Send, Spotify will send a message to the email address you have on file.
- The Reset Password link is located in the email. Just click it.
- You are sent there to reset your password. Retype your password in the following field after entering a new one.
- Check the I’m not a robot captcha box after that.
- The password will successfully be reset once you click Send.
Advice: You can change your Spotify username without any limits, just like you may your password.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the email on Spotify?
Select Edit Profile from your Profile icon, then select the Email option. Enter your new email address after which you must confirm your password. By selecting Save Profile, Spotify will update with the new email.
How do I change my password on Spotify mobile app?
Regrettably, the Spotify mobile app does not offer the ability to change the password. Your password can only be changed on Spotify’s official website.