The most popular social networking site for connecting with individuals around the world is Facebook. In addition to making and accepting individual friend requests, you may also make groups to talk to lots of people at once. You must give your group a special name because the Facebook Platform already has a number of public groups. If you gave a common name, it will be difficult for new individuals to find and join your group. Therefore, give your Facebook (FB) group a new name to attract more members.
Things To Be Considered
- Only group administrators have the ability to change a Facebook group’s name. Ask the page’s creator to grant admin access to your profile if you aren’t already one.
- If your Facebook Group has more than 5000 members, you cannot modify the name.
- After altering the Facebook group name, you are prohibited from doing so for the following 28 days.
- The group will send out a notification to all of its members informing them of the name change.
- Give your group a name that complies with Facebook’s rules and regulations.
How to Change Facebook Group Name Using Computer
- Open a browser, and go to (www.facebook.com).
- Click Login after entering your Facebook username and password.
- Choose the Groups option from the menu on the left.
- Choose the group where the name has to be changed from the Groups you control area.
- Select Manage by clicking it. Select the Group Settings menu from the Settings section by scrolling down.
- Click Save after adding a new name.
Rename Facebook Group Using Mobile App
Both Android and iOS mobile devices are compatible with the Facebook mobile app. The app is available on the relevant app store (Google Play Store or App Store). For both platforms, the process for changing a Facebook group’s name is comparable.
- Open the Facebook app, then tap the icon next to your profile image in the lower right.
- Select the Groups option in this window’s All Shortcuts section.
- Tap the shield-shaped icon in the top right corner of the Group page.
- In the top right corner, click the Settings icon.
- Select “Name and Description”
- Change the name and description (if necessary) in the corresponding boxes, then click Save.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I change my Facebook (FB) group name?
If your Facebook group has more than 5000 members, you cannot alter the name, nor can you do so if you have changed the name within the last 28 days. However, whether you are a moderator or a group member, you cannot alter the name of the group.
How can I change my Facebook group URL in 2022?
Go to the Group Settings page and click the Customize group section’s Web address option. Type in your group’s URL. If your group has more than 5000 members, you cannot modify the URL.
How to change my name in the Facebook Messenger group?
Open the conversation in Messenger, select Customize Chat from the menu, select Change Chat Name, enter the new name, and save your changes.