How to Airplay on Android TV [3 Methods]
The top wireless technology from Apple Inc., Airplay, enables you to stream audio and video from your iPhone, iPad, and Mac to Apple TV. Few Android TVs today, like Sony Smart TVs, LG TVs, and Samsung Smart TVs, offer the Airplay capability. As a result, streaming content from Apple devices to an Android TV is simple.
Enable AirPlay on Android TV
- Start by turning on your Android TV. Then, go to Settings and select AirPlay and Homekit.
- Finally, use the remote to choose the AirPlay option and activate it.
To stream the video, keep in mind that your iOS device and Android TV must be connected to the same WiFi network.
Airplay Apps to Android TV
Use an HDMI cable to connect your Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K to your Android TV if you have one. When your Android smart TV lacks the AirPlay feature, you can use this feature.
- Open a streaming app (like Netflix) and click the Airplay icon in the media player if it has that feature.
- The available device list will be given to you. Pick an Android TV.
- On your iOS device, enter the AirPlay code seen on the Android TV.
- The content will then be streamed on your Android TV through the app.
If the AirPlay capability is supported by your smart TV, you can use this way.
- Initially, turn on AirPlay on your smart TV.
- Likewise, start the video or audio on your iPhone or iPad and press the AirPlay icon.
- When you tap on your Android TV, the contents will appear on a large screen for you to view.
Airplay is supported by very few streaming services. You can screen mirror the material in such circumstances.
- Open an app, then begin your device’s media player.
- Open the Control Center on your iOS device.
- Toggle Screen Mirroring on or off.
- Choose your Android TV from the list, then enter the code.
You can view the content on the screen as soon as your Android TV is connected.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the app that supports the Chromecast feature.
- Tap on the Cast icon after selecting any piece of content from the app.
- Pick your Android TV from the list that is presented.
- The chosen content will now start playing on your Android TV.
You can choose third-party gadgets like SmartSee, AnyCast, EZCast Ultra, Acemax M5, or MiraScreen D7 if your Android TV does not support Airplay or Chromecast. Third-party apps that support Airplay can also be downloaded.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you connect iPhone to Android TV?
Yes. With the help of screen mirroring, third-party apps, and AirPlay, you can effortlessly connect your iPhone to an Android TV. Furthermore, some Android TV models include an integrated Airplay capability.