What steps must I take to enable HTTPS on a Blogger blog with a custom domain?
But why wait when you can get free SSL certificates for your own domain right now? Google will probably make this option available for custom domains. Yes, you read that right. Even if you have a custom domain name, you may use HTTPS on your Blogger website. We’ve divided this long tutorial on how to obtain free SSL certificates into three parts to make it simpler to understand. We’ve all learnt about the benefits of using HTTPS on your blog, so first.
Secure Socket Layer, or SSL, protects your website’s security.
Advantages of using SSL Certificates
- The look of your blog will be more professional.
- A safe link between your blog and your readers will be made using SSL certificates.
- With the help of Content Security, we’ll use Flexible SSL from Cloudflare.
- Thanks to the delivery network, your blog will load quickly.
The most significant advantage of implementing HTTPS is an increase in SERP ranking; Google will place 30% of SSL-certified websites on the first page, offering you a fantastic opportunity to progress your blog’s SEO and outperform your rivals.
The use of this technology to provide HTTPS certificates on Blogger sites is not without its limitations, though.
- Some traffic will decrease while you transition from HTTP to HTTPS until Google scans and indexes all of your HTTPS URLs, which could take a few days.
- After making the switch, you are allowed to remove HTTPS, but if you do, you risk losing visitors and having Google deindex your blog.
Why Use An SSL Certificate / HTTPS?
- Google claims that websites using HTTPS connections would appear better in search results. It implies that your blog will lead the pack.
- Your blog will be viewed as secure in the eyes of search engines.
- A secure connection between your blog and its visitors is indicated by an SSL certificate.
- The blog now appears more polished.
An insecure connection will prevent browsers like Google Chrome and others from connecting to your blog. It implies that you won’t wait long to launch your blog.